MEWPs ( Mobile Elevated Work Platforms)
Working at heights always comes with danger. The aim of this program is to give you a general overview on working with MEWPs to help reduce accidents, incidents and injuries. If you require IPAF certification please contact us directly to arrange this for you.
The aim of the course is to ensure that operators become competent in the safe use of Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) by gaining the necessary skills and knowledge when operating a MEWP. This course covers both: boom lift and scissor lift machines.
- Daily inspections of machine
- Functions of controls
- Safe use of machine around site
- Certification and testing of machine & attachments
- Terrain and associated hazards
- Transport of machine to and from site
- Practical Test
- Theory Test (Done Online)
- Understand the different types of MEWP
- Understand the hazards of MEWP use
- Demonstrate appropriate pre-use checks on an Mobile Elevated Work Platformsand complete a checklist
- Use the correct anchor point on an Mobile Elevated Work Platform and don an appropriate safety harness
- Maneuver an MEWP safely – raising, lowering, traversing appropriately.
Upon completion of this course, you should have a knowledge of:
- The legislation relevant to using MEWPS
- Procedures for working at heights
- Safe practices
This course is ideal for:
Any person who works at height, or supervises work at height
After successful completion, the certificate will be provided by Olive safety with 3 years of validation.
If you require IPAF certification please contact us directly to arrange this for you. After successful completion, the certificate will be provided by IPAF with 5 years of validation.