Our course is designed to teach participants correct lifting techniques to prevent back injury. This course will also educating how to safely approach, and risk assess a heavy lifting situation. With a combination of interactive online videos allowing flexible learning and hands-on experience, this Olive course aims to impart on the learner the knowledge needed to operate safely in the modern workplace. Our QQI (formerly FETAC) accredited instructors have over 10 years industry knowledge and experience and are passionate about training.
- Anatomy & injuries
- Principles of Health & Safety
- Training techniques
- We aim to teach reasoning behind correct lifting.
- Imparting the ability to recognize unsafe hazardous lifting situations.
- Carry out a risk assessment of the task.
- Occupational injuries.
- Understanding the 8 principles of safe lifting.
- Lower the chance of possible occupational industry.
- An Interest in Health & Safety
- Anyone who regularly performs tasks that involve pushing, pulling or lifting objects such as: barrels, kegs, sacks, creates, racks, boxes.
- Upon completion of this course, successful participants will receive Olive certification in manual handling.