Fire Warden/ Marshal (Virtual Training)
Designed by Irish Fire Safety Engineers meeting the requirements of The Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and The Fire Services Act 1981 (2003). Legislation places responsibility upon the “person having control of a premises to guard against the outbreak of fire and to ensure the safety of persons on the premises in the event of an outbreak of fire, insofar as is reasonably practicable whether such an outbreak has occurred or not”.
This is a 4 hours online virtual classroom course which will provide you with the necessary training required to be a qualified fire warden. It will educate you about what you and your employer’s legal duties are, will provide you with an understanding of fire, familiarise you with fire hazards and fire safety arrangements, and detail what your emergency evacuation procedures should entail.
- Introduction to Fire Warden Training -
- Understanding Fire - the fire triangle, fire classes and the types of fire extinguisher.
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Safety Arrangements
- Evacuation Procedures - evacuation strategies, your role during evacuations and carrying out fire drills.
On completion of the programme participants will be able to
Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and how to set up, monitor and evaluate a fire safety programme.
Describe the chemistry, spread and classes of fire, the principles of fire prevention and the actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
Demonstrate their knowledge of fire hazards within the workplace and their understanding of how to eliminate them.
Describe their organisations evacuation procedures and what records need to be kept
- To provide training to individuals who intend to take on the role of Fire Safety Manager/Deputy Fire Safety Manager within the workplace, enabling them to fulfil their role effectively.
- Accreditation: Olive Safety with 3 years validity